Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm Not Sure Who was More Scared ...

So...I have this little friend...I call him Chic Munk...yeah, I know that they are called chipmunks, but I like Chic Munk, it just sounds cuter. And he is cute! He is DARLING cute! He sneaks into the garage when I'm painting my junk and then scurries out when I mover around the garage and accidently frighten him. He helps himself by sitting right in the middle of one of our bird feeders and stuffing his little CHIC Munk CHEEKS full of bird seed and sunflower seeds.

So last week I was taking one of my flower walks ... you know the walk ... where you WALK slowly among your flower beds and admire the calming beauty that flowers offer. I heard Chic Munk scurry up the down spout above my rain barrel. He likes to perch on the rain barrel and run up the spout when he sees me. It's just a cute GAME we play - just me and Chick.
Anyway, I ran to get my camera because I could see a photo opportunity unfolding. I was in the middle of my "photo shoot" when I decided to get really close when he ran into the spout again. I moved the decorative trellis thingy in front of the spout a little for a better view up the spout - the trellis bumped against the camera - which scared Chic - and then he scared me!!! I smacked my wrist on the trellis and instantly one of the veins inside my wrist burst open inside.

The pain and the fire inside my wrist almost took me to my knees. My husband was out of town with his parents (FIL in hospital) and I had to call him to ask if I was going to bleed inside to death - should I go to emergency. In the scope of what he was dealing with regarding his father, my blood filled wrist was probably not an emergency. But to me it was. I resorted to icing it several times that night and I'm fine now, just a little tender in the area.

You'll have to look closely to find Chic Munk, but he really is there!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my - I hope your wrist and it's mangled vessels are healing! Chick is a cutie! Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog! I'm so glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - it's a pleasure to have you here! Your blog is a hoot!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sue. That is a terribly cute story, or maybe a cute terrible story. So sorry about your wrist, it sounds painful and scary. But your little friend is adorable, so glad you got a couple pictures of him. I would have been scared to death. Great post.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Midge. I'm fine now. I haven't been out to the flower gardens and haven't been working in the garage for a few days so I haven't seen Chic(k) around lately. He is funny though...

    Your picnic at the park with the singing chicken was a hoot! Great post for you too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Junky Cottage Visitors

hit counter

Tiny Tea-Cup Pink Tulle Tree

Tiny Tea-Cup Pink Tulle Tree
Isn't this just a darling girly little tree? I made this with pink tulle fabric, some old glass beads from vintage jewelry, and a pretty rose tea cup!

My first Garden Chair

My first Garden Chair
The bird house attached to the back is a "Bed and Breakfast" birdhouse - so cute!

My favorite floor lamp bird feeder - I'm keeping this one for me!

My favorite floor lamp bird feeder - I'm keeping this one for me!

Another shot of the one that I'm keeping...

Another shot of the one that I'm keeping...

A collection of some of my favorite chimes

A collection of some of my favorite chimes

More Chimes...

More Chimes...
Tea - Anyone?

Pink Rose Chimes

Pink Rose Chimes

Lamp birdbaths lined up before going to the craft fair!

Lamp birdbaths lined up before going to the craft fair!

Fancy Lamp Bird Bath

Fancy Lamp Bird Bath
This is made from an old lamp base and a fancy scalloped ceiling fixture bowl. Whoever buys this will have their birds drinking and bathing in style and elegance!

Cool Grater Nightlight

Cool Grater Nightlight
Doesn't this look so cool the way the light filters through the tiny holes and then out the top?

Another Cool Grater Nightlight

Another Cool Grater Nightlight
More neat displays of light through the holes...

Vintage Jewelry Chest Re-Do

Vintage Jewelry Chest Re-Do

Isn't this just the sweetest vintage postcard?

Isn't this just the sweetest vintage postcard?
Lots of beautiful vintage buttons glued to the frame.